“Africa’s Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want”
AfroAgEng – the Pan African Society for Agricultural Engineering (PASAE) and the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers (NIAE) are focusing this joint 2020 International Conference on adequately apprehending the wide dimensions, the multi-faceted challenges, the abundant emerging opportunities and prospects for agricultural and rural transformation in Africa, in line with the Africa Agenda 2063 – the Africa We Want.
Conference Theme and Sub-Themes
The Conference aims to harness an emerging global movement for Africa’s renaissance through knowledge and practice-driven agriculture and agriculture-led industrialization. Africa’s potentials in human, agricultural and natural resources is significant but largely underexploited and underutilized. The aim of the conference is to create a new momentum for concerted action through the following theme and sub-themes.
Theme: Engineering Africa’s Agro-Industrial Transformation for Sustainable Development and Economic Prosperity
- Towards 2063 – Strategies for exploiting Africa’s demographic dividend, encouraging the youths in agri-business, and attaining key SGDs; infrastructure development, food security, poverty reduction and creation of decent jobs.
- Sustainable pathways to Africa’s structural transformation through agro-equipment development, driven by local capacity and content, agro-industrialisation and thriving agricultural value chains
- Boosting agricultural productivity and economic diversification through mecha-nisation, precision farming soil conservation, irrigation, and livestock transformation.
- Development and application of appropriate technologies to reduce post-harvest losses, sustainable energy development and value engineering in the agricultural value chains
- Agriculture, smart farming and the 4th industrial revolution – exploiting modern intelligent technologies (Drones, AI, Robotics and Machine Learning, etc) in farming and rural transformation
- Human capital for modern agriculture – transforming tertiary institution curricula/programmes and pedagogies to meet the challenges of Agenda 2063.
- Mobilising global partnerships for climate action/climate-smart farming, conservation of Africa’s agro-ecology, biodiversity, forestry and for dryland farming.
Professional Development Workshops and Masterclasses
To harness the momentum of this convocation, there will also be Six High-Level Professional Training Workshops/Masterclasses running concurrently on the first day of the Conference, Monday Sept 21st (3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon), which will include the following:
- High-Level Professional Development Workshop on post-harvest engineering and the development of export processing zones/agro-industrial or knowledge parks to boost agro-industrial development
- High-Level Professional Development Workshop on harnessing Africa’s water resources and modern irrigation technologies to boost agricultural productivity
- Masterclass on effective use of big data, artificial intelligence and blockchain technology in enhancing farm productivity and sustainability
- Masterclass on strategic engagement of digital technologies, youth and women in agriculture and rural transformation
- High-Level Professional Development Workshop on transforming tertiary institution curricula/programmes and pedagogies to promote quality graduates to meet the Agenda 2063 challenges.
- Masterclass on the principles and approaches for training and practice in intellectual property management for engineering professionals.
Call for Papers:
Prospective authors and technical contributors are invited to submit electronic ABSTRACTs of 300-500 words to the conference contact, and as indicated on the website before February 16, 2020. Only authors of accepted abstracts will be dealt with subsequently and be able to process their papers for publication in the electronic Conference Proceedings, as well as in official PASAE and NIAE journals. The guide to authors on the website should be consulted to develop the full-length Papers or Posters by the successful authors.
Conference Registration Fees:
PASAE and NIAE Members $250 or *N25,000 for early bird till June 30, 2020; Late Registration: $300 or *N30,000; On Site Registration: $350 or *N35,000
Non-members $350 or *N40,000; Late $400 or *N50,000; On Site: $450 or *N55,000
Corporate Organizations $500 or *N150,000; Late and On Site $600 or *N180,000.
Students: Postgraduates $100 or *N10,000; Undergraduates – Free
* Naira for Nigerian delegates only
Workshops: Each workshop for $100 or *N10,000
Exhibition Fee: Exhibitors will be provided with booths of 4 square meters (Min) and multiples
at $100 or *N10000 per square meter.
Accounts for Payment: Payments can be made directly or electronically into:
Name: Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers
Bank: United Bank for Africa
Naira Account Number:
Dollar, $ Account No:
Conference website: Further details, including guidelines for technical papers and other contributions, Exhibitions and Registration details, and Full Conference Brochure are available at https://pasae-niae2020conference.com/
Mike +2349056664536; Peter+2348037452497; Bayo +2348062685363; JC +2348039146246